Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Revlon Run/Walk for Women's Cancers

On Saturday May 9th, my mom, Kimberly and I participated in the Revlon Run/Walk for Women's Cancers.  

My day started at 3:30 a.m., I'm sure their day started around that time.  We were part of the Haz-Mat Trans Inc. Team and met everyone in San Bernardino.  Kimberly's friend Savannah and her mom Ronda were nice enough to pick us up.  The highlight of my morning was stopping by Starbucks (thank goodness they open at 5:00 a.m.).  =)  We rode down to LA in a bus that was pretty nice and comfy.  

We were dropped off right next to the Coliseum, we then walked to get out shirts and put on signs if we wanted to.  Meanwhile Christina Applegate (Samantha Who), Marcia Cross (Desperate Housewives), Jordana Brewster (Fast & Furious) were all speaking on the main stage.  Miley Cyrus and her mom Tish were also there, as were Carrie Ann Inaba and Derek Hough (Dancing with the Stars).  

It was really moving to see how many people have been effected by cancer and all the people that were there determined to find a cure.  I'm so happy that I can be one of the lucky people who still has my mom, unfortunately so many around us were walking in remembrance of someone.  

Needless to say my mom, Kimberly and I are hooked.  As we were walking were we making plans to walk in the Susan G. Komen walk in Temecula in October.  This year we hope to have a bigger group to join in our new annual tradition.

Here are some pictures from our day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment